Pet Emergency West Chester, PA? Count on Our 24-Hour Vets
Pinnacle Veterinary Specialists is open 24/7 to the West Chester pet community for emergency veterinary services. Our team of board-certified veterinarians is able to provide your pet with advanced medicine and compassionate treatment. When it comes to emergency vet care, we focus not only on your pet’s care, but your experience, too. We know emergencies can be scary situations, and we want to do everything we can to give you peace of mind while putting your pet on the path toward healing. Call us at (610) 477-8797 if your pet is have an emergency.
Our Emergency Care Services
Emergency veterinary medicine encompasses a range of medical branches, so we’ll draw on our board-certified team’s collective knowledge to give your pet the best care possible.
Some of the tools and services we use in emergency veterinary medicine in Wayne include:
Recognizing a Pet Emergency
How do you know when a symptom or behavior change warrants a trip to the emergency vet? It’s not always obvious! If your pet exhibits or experiences any of the following in West Chester, contact us immediately.
Common Pet Emergencies in West Chester include:
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Puncture wounds
- Wounds that do not stop bleeding after 5 minutes
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing (gagging, coughing, blue tongue)
- Inability to stand or walk
- Distended or swollen stomach that is hard to the touch
- Traumatic events (being hit by a car, falling from a great height, etc.)
- Difficulty or inability to urinate or defecate
- Ingestion of a toxic substance (chocolate, grapes/raisins, xylitol, rodenticides, human medication, antifreeze, household cleaners, etc.)
- Heatstroke (heavy panting, lethargy, high body temperature)
- Encounter or fight with a wild animal